YOU can help us raise $3,000 in 30 days to help fund a log slide for the Children’s Canopy Walk! The Children’s Canopy Walk will be an upward expansion of our World Beneath Your Feet outdoor environmental education engagement area. It is scheduled to open the end of 2020. This multi-leveled hands-on learning space will engage the hearts and minds of all who visit! DONATE NOW!
“If getting our kids out into nature is a search for perfection, or is one more chore, then the belief in perfection and the chore defeats the joy. It’s a good thing to learn more about nature in order to share this knowledge with children; it’s even better if the adult and child learn about nature together. And it’s a lot more fun.”- Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder. This quote and the nature-play movement are the driving forces behind this project.
Click link below to view an artistic rendering of the project!
Click the link below to watch a short video tour!
Click the link below to donate now online!
To view and print a donation form to mail in click the link below.
Below is a list of companies and individuals that have made a donation to support the construction of the Children’s Canopy Walk. Thank you donors!
- Fox Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau – White Tailed Deer
- Boldt Construction – White Tailed Deer
- Anonymous Donor – Great Horned Owl
- Salmon Foundation – Great Horned Owl
- Oshkosh Corporation Foundation Inc. – Red Fox
- Bergstrom Automotive – Red Fox
- Theda & Tamblin Clark Smith Family Foundation – Red Fox
- Menasha Corporation Foundation – Red Fox
- Green Bay Packer Foundation – Red Fox
- Clearwater Paper – Pileated Woodpecker
- Private Donor – Pileated Woodpecker
- Sawyer, Eli, Maya & Riley – Pileated Woodpecker
- Festival Foods – Pileated Woodpecker
- Janet Lange – Pileated Woodpecker
- Rick & Stacy Karle – Pileated Woodpecker
- Addis Hilliker – Pileated Woodpecker
- Bernard E & Alyce G Dahlin Foundation – Pileated Woodpecker