Birding with Larry
Join HWR volunteer birder, Larry Riedinger, for a guided walk on HWR’s trails to catch the spring migration. No birding experience necessary. Bring your own binoculars or borrow a pair of ours.
All bird walks run from 8-10 AM. Bird walks are FREE, but registration is required. Register by the Friday before the walk. Space limited to 12 people/hike. Ages 15 or older.
Register by calling (920) 720-9349 or email email@example.com Please include your name, the number of people attending, if you will need to borrow binoculars and how many, and a phone number where you can be reached.
April 21, Saturday (cancelled due to poor trail conditions)
April 28, Saturday
May 5, Saturday
May 12, Saturday
May 19, Saturday
About our bird walks
- All walks meet at the Nature Center
- Dress for the weather – we recommend layers
- We have Eagle Optics binoculars to loan. Or bring your own.
- Restrooms are available in the building at the start of the hike. Trail restrooms are not readily available.
- A drinking fountain with bottle filler is available in the Nature Center at the start of the hike.
- Trails are boardwalks and gravel. They are easy walking.
- Feel free to ask Larry any questions you may have. You can’t learn without asking questions!
- Cameras are welcome. Please share your photos on our Facebook page!
- Leave you dog at home. Dogs are not permitted on Reserve property.
- Children 15 and older only for these hikes.
- Hikes will be cancelled for bad weather. Watch our Facebook page for information.
- You may attend as many walks as you’d like as long as there is room. Registration in advance is required!