Heckrodt Wetland Reserve, Inc.
1305 Plank Road
Menasha, WI 54952
General admission to the Nature Center and Trails is FREE! We would appreciate your donation – feed the donation frog inside the Nature Center.
Heckrodt Wetland Reserve’s trail system is open 365 days/year from 6 AM – 9 PM.
The Nature Center is open:
Tuesday – Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat – 11 AM – 4 PM
Sunday and Monday Closed
Trails are open 6 AM – 9 PPM everyday.
The Nature Center is closed all major holidays. The buildijng is open only to program participants the day of our Children’s Christmas Gift Workshop (December). Trails remain open on these days.
HWR Property Rules
- No dogs or other pets are permitted on the property (dogs aiding the handicapped are permitted)
- No bicycles or other recreational wheeled vehicles are permitted on the trails (strollers are permitted)
- No alcohol or illegal substances are permitted
- No smoking on Reserve property
- No hunting
- No collecting of plants or animals is permitted
- No dumping of pets or native animals is permitted
Heckrodt Wetland Reserve has an OPDMD policy in place. Download a copy here. Contact Tracey Koenig, HWR’s Executive Director with questions or to obtain use approval.
Winter Weather Closure Policy
Heckrodt Wetland Reserve Nature Center will be closed and all programs cancelled when any local school districts are closed due to weather. We will also close when the Wisconsin Department of Transportation has requested that motorists stay off the roads. Trails remain open 6 AM – 9 PM daily, however the parking lots, walkways, and trails may not be cleared.